Bad headache that's lasted about 9 days now. Why? ?

Maybe Yahoo Answers isn't the smartest place to bring this question, what I should probably see is a doctor-- which, I'm sure I will eventually. This headache isn't really like any headache I've had in the past(and not just because it's lasted nine days). It'll somewhat go away when I'm not doing anything. I'll still feel that it's there, but there won't be any pain. Then, the second I go to focus on something, like looking for patterns, reading, problem-solving, etc, there's just this instant pain. If I stop and chill, maybe close my eyes, it gets less intense.

...So a headache, basically. 

The only other symptoms I've had really is occasional neck pain and fatigue. 

During the first few days I tried taking pain meds (ibuprofen), and it just flat out never helped, so I stopped after the third day. 

Anyway, I'm just hella concerned, tbh. Anyone got any ideas for what this may be? Any ideas on how to get rid of it? 

Favorite Answer

Sounds like it may be tension/muscle related.

Try a neck massage.

You have a migraine

It is common to notice that patterns worsen it

It has to do with the fact that the migraine is due to neurological changes in the brainstem that are involved with vision

See a doctor

i would go to the er and get it checked out