Nancy asked in SportsCycling · 4 weeks ago

mount for bike computer on handlebar is too small?

Update:

How can I attached my bike computer mount to handlebars when the mount hardware is too small to fit around the handlebar?  (That is, the handlebar is too large and the mount cannot reach around it.)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Corki makes what it calls an Out Front mount....it comes with a mount that has longer stem screws and shims that replace the screws from the stem. I mounted my Wahoo Mini this way and it works really well.

Attachment image
    Source(s): I bought it
  • Jon
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Is it practical on your bike to mount it on the handlebar stem instead of the bar itself (as in image below)?

Attachment image
    • evaohell
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I would guess that if the mounting hardware won't fit around the handlebar, it's not going to fit the stem as most stem necks are thicc..

• David
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If you have a flat bar bike, I’m wondering if you’re simply trying to mount it too close to the stem. All flat bars are wider in the middle, and some widen more than others. 

If you have a drop bar bike, you might be out of luck. Drop bars generally have a bigger diameter than flat bars and may well have the same diameter the whole section between the areas expected to be taped.

You can buy a bar for mounting accessories to:https://www.amazon.com/Yizhet-Handlebar-Lightweigh... 

Which should sort it out for you.

• DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

good question !

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I consulted with Miss Cleo.  She said to use Gorilla glue to attach it onto your bike.

Attachment image
    Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.
  • 4 weeks ago

Just like another answer: which bike computer from which company?  And how is it supposed to attach?  Plastic zip ties?  Rubber strap?  Screws on somehow?  You gotta be more specific!  

• John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Duct tape fixes things like that.

• 4 weeks ago

It depends on what style of mount it has.  If it's a typical "U-clamp" style, you can either use longer screws, or find a clamp that fits the handlebar better at the hardware store.

You might also be able to replace screws with a Velcro strap.

Other than that, you'd have to go based on how it's supposed to be secured.

• 4 weeks ago

Which bike computer from which company?  They're all pretty much universal & will adapt to almost any size handlebar.  Have you tried looking online for instructions, reviews or YouTube videos?  Have you tried contacting the company?

If you want a better answer, ask a more specific question.    

Attachment image
  • 4 weeks ago

get another one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.