Betta Girl asked in PetsFish · 4 weeks ago

Best food for my tropical fish?

I just recently run out of my betta fish food, not sure of the brand but I usually fed my other fish the betta fish food too (in a community tank). My local pet shop manager said that was fine. I am wondering if I should get the same food or a different type specifically for 'tropical fish'? I have a 20 gallon tank with 1 male betta fish and 3 guppies, 4 peppered cories and 6 neon tetras, what food should I buy for them?

Favorite Answer

Bettas need to have a large amount of protein in their diet, they are carnivorous.  The other fish you listed are omnivorous.  It would be better that the omnivores eat food with enough protein for carnivorous, then to buy tropical food for omnivorous as the only thing you feed the fish. You should be feeding a variaty of foods.   I recommend Omega one super color flakes, the ingredients are superior to many others. offer pellets instead of flakes half of the time.  I would feed new life spectrum betta pellets, or New life spectra "Thera Plus A" pellets   

2 days a week feed unthawed frozen blood worms, brine shrimp, or daphnia instead of pellets or flakes.

i would ask somoene at a petstore about it