Should I move to the city of my new job or drive back and forth? How do I break a leas early with no termination fee?

I have a lot of snakes at my job so there for I found a new job with more money. I live in hinesville ga and my new job is in pooler. I signed a 12 month lease at my apartment complex. How do I go about breaking my lease with out paying a termination fee? Also, I am trying to move back home to the pooler/savannah area, but don't want to may a early termination fee and just want to move in with my folks. Should I just live with my folks on the weekday and go back to hinesville on the weekend or just pay the early termination fee which if I give two months notice which will be $1500 and move back home with my people. If I move back in with my people, I can either pay to store my things or store them in my aunt's outhouse. Also, it's like I don't want the hassle of packing everything out. From Hinesville to my new job with be an hour and 17 minute commute for me cuz i take the long way, i am scared of i-95. I do not have to be to work until 9am. I start in two weeks. I found another job because I was really unhappy at my old one.

If your lease states a fee then you cannot break the lease without paying it. You do & they can sue you.  The only way out with no fee is if the landlord agrees to it & does not charge you.

• Bort

Read your lease. If you don't have a copy of the full lease agreement to read this question is best asked to the complex management. Ask them if there is an early termination term that allows you to move without penalties or fees. There might be a term in the least that allows you to move out early. Most of the leases I've been in have had this term that as long as the tenant gives a 30 day notice they're moving they can terminate the lease early and move without any fees or penalties.

you don't, you have to pay the fee or wait until it expires....unless the landlord waives the fee which isn't likely.

Oh no no no....do not move back with folks and store **** at Aunts house. 

You need to suck it up and stay the lease no fees. Visit family every other weekend maybe.

You need to save save save and find a spot close to work to take your stuff with you and BBC e close to work.

Overall you need to save now, sale some stuff.

Get your own spot, not live with folks then you have your privacy and visit on occasion.  As you get older visiting family is highly over rated.

Plus privacy in your own spot for...friends

READ your lease. You are bound by the terms and conditions of it. If it allows you to break it by paying a fee/penalty, then pay it and shut up, or stay put until the end of your lease. Or you will be evicted and sued and will never be able to rent again.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • Eva

Figure out how much rent you'd have to pay to live out your lease. If it's more than the termination fee, pay the termination fee and be done with it. Otherwise live with your parents Monday - Thursday and go to your apartment on weekends to start packing.

i would just talk to your landlord about it

• Maxi

You signed a legal contract and are obligated to that, so it is up to you if you fullfil your contract or pay an early termination fee and legally leave...... if you do neither you will be sued for breach of contract and have a CCJ against you... in so far as an hour plus drive to work, that is nothing, I spent 20 years driving 1.5 -2 hours to work daily because I loved my job and alo loved where i lived

I have never heard of Pooler, GA or Hinesville, GA.... however a quick google search tells me they are 41 minutes apart... FORTY-ONE minutes... you act like your job is HOURS away.

- get over being afraid of driving and drive the direct way instead of some back hills cookoo process.

You can break your lease if you want, but don't blame it on you got a new job that is a few minutes further away.