Linda asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

How do I figure out a strength training routine?

I m a beginner and I want to make a routine so I don t wander around wasting time. I want to work out my whole body. I have 150 lbs to lose. Any tips?

Tone my arms, form an butt, tighten waist and lose fat 

Do not make a routine. Pick one that is already proven to work. Lots of women like strong curves. Starting strength and stronglifts are some other great beginner routines. If you do the latter programs you might want to add in hip thrusts to really hit the glutes. 

Fat loss comes down to diet. You need to make sure you don't eat more than you burn. 

• Eva

Invest in a session with a personal trainer. If you can afford it, schedule one for each month so that as you progress they can update your routine. Good luck.

ask someone that does it to show you how

If you are going to a gym or rec center to workout, talk to the staff.  As part of your fee (no extra charge) they should show you how to use all of the equipment and provide you with a pretty generic full-body workout routine.

There are also lots of videos and instructions online or in books from the library.

1. Start with 15-30 minutes on an elliptical trainer.  This is just to get your blood flowing.  As your stamina increases, you can use this as a cardio workout.

2.  This link will give you a basic workout you should be able to do at any gym:

https://www.planetfitness.com/community/articles/b...

Weight loss, particularly 150 pounds, is going to by 80% diet.  Working our on weights will help tone and build your muscles, but it won't do much in terms or burning calories.  For that you want to add in aerobic/cardio and a significant lifestyle eating plan.