Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 weeks ago

I want to join the Canadian Army. But my problem is I am really bad at math. Sadly I have a low average IQ. How can I become smarter? 86IQ?

86IQ is what I have..

Favorite Answer

https://www.khanacademy.org/math

Try some Khan Academy exercises.  Its free.

It can't work miracles. But you might get up to an acceptable level to enlist.

Oh please!  These people ain't exactly geniuses themselves.  You'll fit right in.  Besides, there is no accurate way to measure intelligence.  Don't believe what some generic, absurd test tells you!

• Joshua3 weeks agoReport

The CFAT is not super easy to pass. Can't get in unless you pass.

Not being even a resident of Canada will also be an issue.

Note being old enough to enlist won't help either.

Being an anonymous troll kills the deal.

Education is SUPER important in the Canadian military.  In my 25 years in the Regular Force, I spent about 8 years on formal courses, and a few more years doing on job, or other sorts of training.  About half my time was learning something, and the other half was actually producing.  I am not saying you have to be smart, but, it certainly helps.

maybe you can get some help with your math

You can't "become" smarter. Intelligence is inherent and can only decrease. Fortunately for you, you don't need to know ANYTHING to join any federal Canadian organization.

Unfortunately, at that IQ level, you will probably have trouble operating machinery, let alone do math. I would suggest that you go into the Canadian civil service instead, and go into a safe clerical position.

Stick carrots up your butt