How can I be social when I don't drink?

It's hard god dammit. When everyone I knows idea if a get together is going out for drinks. That's just what you do isn't it? But what about those of us who want to avoid the stuff (for diet reasons)? I've been invited to a Christmas get together with a cousin who I haven't seen in aaaages and it will definitely involve drink. I can't just say "sorry I don't drink" and also night outs sober when everyone else is drunk absolutely sucks balls. What do?

• VAA
    Favorite Answer

Have you looked into a low carb low cal alcohol?  Here is a list that may help.  https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/keto-and-alco...

• David

Just drink club soda with a twist of lime or order any other drink "virgin".  There are lots of perfectly good reasons for not drinking and you don't need to give any.  My brother was a terrible drunk and now he's completely sober and a much nicer person to be around.  Fortunately, he is fine with other people drinking at a social event and so far has never back slid once.

You don't need to explain to anyone why you aren't having alcohol.

Just chill, you chose this life style choice and they chose there's. I'm non alcoholic also, when I'm out I just makes me feel like more of an adult while the kids get their juice. But I've good at unwinding without out help and no giving a s@#$

• J.S.

Order a drink that is non-alcoholic 

you can go out for drinks with them, just don't drink alcoholic ones. After the first round or so, no one will notice. You don't need to get blasted to have fun, laugh, talk, go dancing, etc.

just go and dont drink

Hang out with you cat

So bring your own soda, and when too many get drunk, then say goodbye and leave.