Wierd loud flapping noises outside my house/window 2 nights ago (anybody else experienced this)?

It was around 1am to 3 am, something/a huge creature was rapidly flapping its wings (it was so loud it woke me up) outside my house window, not a bat not an owl something bigger. Like someone holding a huge blanket and making great noises with it. I am positive it is a paranormal entity.

(this is what it sounded like)

It flew from one end of the yard to another (my house is not that big). Half an hour later, it flew back making the same strange noise. This is not a bird wing flap, not a bat. I live in California and I had heard condor wing flaps and it does not sound like this.

Anybody else had experienced this?

Please let me know?

Thanks in advance.

I heard a weird fapping noise just the other night, it turned out that it was Mavis, she said if I did my job properly she wouldn't have to do that. 

Absolutely no bloody idea what she was on about. 

A pterodactyl. Probably specifically a Pteranadon, Qetzalcoatlus or Ludodactylus

The West Virginia Mothman paid you a visit

• Joe

It is Mothra !!!!!    Run for your lives !!!!!!

Is Batman prowling around again?

• Zheia

It could have been Mothman.

• Foofa

I've going to guess someone was driving on flat tire or something like that. That would make a loud "flapping" kind of sound.

• Mr. P
      3 weeks agoReport

I hadn't thought of that - but you are right and is the most logical.

• Mr. P

Sounds to me like a big flappy thing.

Still no reason to think it is paranormal.

If it was a huge winged creature that is not a bird then I would expect that someone else on the planet may have also seen it, but apparently you are the only one.

Or it could be someone shaking the crumbs off their blanket. 

maybe you should go outside when it happens and check it out and then you'll know what it is

Succubus or Incubus depending on your sex or which sex you are currently identifying with.

• I am female I had prayed for Jehovah God's (Yehowah Elohim) Holy Spirit and in Jesus' name so far those things had not come back, only 2 nights ago this happened.