Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 weeks ago

Is it awful to sell a deceased family members belongings?

My Dad passed away a couple years ago. He had brand new shoes and jackets and nice buttons down shirts that still have the tags. Would it be terrible to sell them? 

It feels weird because these were your dad's clothes, so you have an emotional attachment, but you're not going to keep every single piece of clothing he owned with you forever, especially stuff he apparently hasn't worn at all. I say sell it, and maybe just keep a few special items that are meaningful to you.

not in the least.............

• GB

If  you inherit his house you might sell it, so why should it be terrible to sell other goods? It's only property. 

NO.. Its not bad at all.. After all why would you want to keep something you have no use for anyway. SELL, SALE, get rid of it and if you can make a few bucks great... You didn't keep the old truck he had did you.. 

This is just me but I would donate them to charity but I could NEVER out and out put them up for sale, not clothing at least. You MIGHT get about 25% of their original value if you are going by the tags still on them.

Depends if he would be ok with it 

If he wouldn't be okay with it if he was still living then i wouldn't go against his wishes just because he's deceased.

It's ok. Nothing wrong with it. No worries :)

Even just asking this question means you have a good heart and that is all it matters.

My mother died last year and I'm still selling some of her things.

If after a while of being advertised I don't get any response, I give the items to a thrift shop.

Virtually everyone gets rid of the clothing sooner or later and you give it away or sell it.  Is there really a difference?