. asked in HealthDental · 3 weeks ago

Should I do dental cosmetic crowns to prevent craze lines on teeth??

Hello, If there are any dentists here or dental professionals, hope you can give me some advice. I have questions about cosmetic dental crowns. I recently had my dental check-up and my teeth are fine, no cavities, more brushing on some white spots

However, the dentist said I have some craze lines on my front teeth and suggest I do cosmetic crowns/veneers for future protection of chipped teeth. However, i am not buying the idea of getting rid all real and natural enamel layers and putting cosmetic crowns on my teeth just to protect something has not happened. My reasoning is that human teeth are created to help us eat, and consume foods so overtime problems such as cavities, wearings, minor chips, white spots, or craze lines are inevitable after many years of using our teeth. I am willing to have dental works on these issues like chipped teeth, cavities if it happens. I cannot say I have perfect teeth, but I am satisfied with it now (with some flaws, I know). 

1. Should I do dental crowns just because I have some craze lines which potentially lead to some minor chips according to my dentist OR just leave it as it is until my teeth chipped then I will fix it?

2. Can you give me your reasoning about those craze lines (minor fracture)? Is it a big issue on adults teeth? OR almost anyone adults have it? Thank you for your time

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

your teeth look amazing, don't listen to your dentist 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your teeth look great. We ALL get fine lines on  our enamel. Brushing with Sensodyne toothpaste can help enormously. To have a crown means they file the healthy tooth down to a stump and glue on a crown. They fall off, I know.

Your Dentist wants to buy a Porsche.

Go elsewhere.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i would ask your dentist about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.