Rolando asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

does anyone knows a reasonable or free vet in canoga park ca my dog needs to have all of her teeth extracted.?

• PR
    Favorite Answer

I would not have all the teeth extracted. I can't think of a good reason for this. Get them cleaned. That would be like very major surgery and could have devastating effects on the dog. I used to clean my dog's teeth and she tolerated this. I removed the tartar, very carefully, and even noticed that teeth that were loose got stronger and more solid in the jaw after removing tartar. 

Teeth go way into the jaw bone and this is a big deal!Besides that, if a dog is so old their teeth are in such bad shape, this would be even harder on them. Liver function and kidney function tests would need to be run, just for anesthesia and extracting one or two. 

If your dog is biting people, then you need to take her to training; otherwise, find a vet who will clean the teeth, and only allow 2 or 3 extracted maximum, and stick to your guns.

• PR
      4 weeks agoReport

Relative's vet took out 8 teeth on dog without even checking X-rays.

why does your dog need its teeth extracted

Ask a local animal shelter.  Extracting all the teeth is probably not the right thing to do.

I have never heard of a free Vet & there are low cost clinics that you have to prove your low income to qualify for their services. If there is an Animal Humane Association near you. They offer low cost Vet services.

You just need to do a local search & not this World Wide Web search. You probably have several options, just finding them may be hard for you.

Why don't you google, low income Vet services in canoga park ca.

Call 311 & ask.

vets all have individual price ranges

Vets will RARELY remove all the teeth from dogs. It's better to put the dog down if he/she is in pain. It's hard to do but best for the animal.

pet insurance might help too, you might be able to find that info online

• Lorraine
      4 weeks agoReport

Pet insurance won't help for an exisiting condition !!!