Does a landlord have to put sprinklers in to maintain their lawns?

The front of the yard is a mess & half the time the lawn is overgrown. The landlord claims the gardeners don't show up. It would be much better to have a sprinkler system, it would make sense. Don't they have to do this?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

It never ceases to amaze me the things tenants think a landlord is required to do. The landlord can just have dirt in the front yard if they want & there's nothing you can do. If you don't like it move.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

It depends where you live. In most locations city code requires lawns to be reasonably kept. Reasonably, they don't have to be perfect. I'm a bit confused as to why you think a sprinkler system would help. Sprinkler systems deliver water to help plants grow. Sprinklers don't cut grass or trim and prune bushes and trees.

Regardless of location sprinklers are an optional addition. Not required.

• 3 weeks ago

No. Nobody is "required" to install a sprinkler system.

• Boomerful3 weeks agoReport

Pardon, but not factual. Between HOA's and local city laws, there are probably several places in the world where HOA rules and local laws and ordinances can be so controlling as to compel community's to have underground sprinkling systems to keep a uniform appearance and maintenance of yards.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Do they have to?  No

You can buy hoses and move sprinklers around just as other people have done.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Sprinkler don't cut the grass.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i dont think they have to do anything, its their lawn

• 3 weeks ago

Sprinklers don't cut grass. Just sayin'

• 3 weeks ago

I don't think so. And sprinklers would make it more overgrown. They're also illegal in some places due to water conservation laws.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Sure. And they should upgrade all your appliances and put a pool in for you, too.

• 3 weeks ago

i dont know who your landlord is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.