I am trying to learn how to do plastic canvas and am having problems on how to do patterns that aren t squares or rectangles.?

If it isn t a square or rectangle, I don t understand how to overlay or whipstitch it. I can follow the patterns where you go up a hole and down the one right next to it but struggle with any other type of stitch.

And I struggle to get the back smooth. When I just pull the end of yarn through it always comes loose.

Any advice? All patterns I do need to be free. Thanks.

• drip

Watch some YouTube for beginners on stitching, 

When you thread the needle leave a four inch tail on it. You need to be able to hold the needle and the tail so when you pull through the yarn doesn’t come off the needle. Pull taunt, but not a hard yank,  so the back side is smooth.

Practice each stitch. It takes practice to be able to do it correctly and with ease.  Get a piece of plastic and just doing different stitches in it.