For the 60-65% who don't support Trump, is there a candidate (real or hypothetical) you would consider worse causing you to vote for Trump?

The 2016 Election was viewed by many as the "lesser of 2 evils" (literally to some) so I am curious just how bad or evil the lesser would have to be. 

• John
    Favorite Answer

41% approval just now, which is an average of many polls. What I find online - which includes this site - is that the folks who are not 'the core", the------well, people get offended but most of those crowd made it through 3rd grade, it's true. Otherwise I see a wave of anger not just at the president but at the entire Republican party for taking sides with corruption.  And yes, bark as loud as you llike, that is what they are doing.  I think they are toast, myself, it's only just begun. Never in my life would I cast a vote for that loser, same as the last election. Read YA/politics and you will get a transcript of Fox News daily.  They can't, and don't think for themselves.

• tiescore
      4 weeks agoReport

@John you referring to Biden? He actually committed corruption, Democrats are desperately throwing anything against the wall to protect him. I've discussed this with FBI Investigators. 

• Clive

What does this have to do with personal finance?

Actually your number is wrong. That said, EVERY potential Democrat nominee is worse than you CLAIM Donald Trump is.

• No, while 60% is probably more accurate, it's close.  And, I disagree b/c even those I would have difficulty supporting would ultimately put the country first, and while some are really out there, none appear to have the actual cognitive or narcissistic impediments of Trump.    

Yes. Any of the democratic nominees that are running today and that would include Hillary, Shelly Obama and Oprah. I would vote for President Trump in a heartbeat just like I did last election

• John4 weeks agoReport

I don't think that the question was directed at you.  Do you really consider yourself to be "the 60-65% who don't support Trump"?

• A.J.

First of all, there is enough polling, especially accounting for bias, to know that about 41 to 47% support and 53% to 59% do not support President Trump if looking for a must choose dichotomy, and some of the people do not think he goes far enough and others support the office, no matter who is in it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/pre...

Each of the polling groups has been examined for bias, and most lean liberal. On average a minus 3% (-3%) is really about even. Rasmussen is biased Conservative.

The 2016 election had a lot wrong with it, and I won't get into the details.

There are large groups that feel passionate each way.

I get annoyed with his rallies because they are at taxpayer expense after his election and are not even only about an election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-electio...

Now, there is nothing possible that would get a Trump vote from me. I changed from Independent to Democrat ONLY because of Trump. I know his upbringing from my own personal knowlede, his history, characteristics, actions, statements and have ZERO respect for him. If he ran for re-election UNOPPOSED, I would not vote for him. There are also Democrats I cannot vote for either. There are some that would cause me to write in a candidate or vote third party. Andrew Yang and Bernie Sanders are two I could not vote for. I have a fixed income pension, and they are a disaster to inflation and hit me both personally and are a disaster to Federal Debt. Elizabeth Warren is bad also, but I have to think long and hard if she becomes the nominee. I see the best hope for the country today as Mayor Pete Buttigieg. We are spiraling into a disaster under Trump only considering the split in the country and its effects getting worse and worse, and add in his policies and the future is grim. It does not get fixed by a pendulum swinging the other way. I spoke very briefly with Pete personally and despite being personally critical of politicians I do not believe I was fooled. He believes we must heal the divide while trying to correct the growing skew of wealth. He is well aware of the National Debt and Federal Deficit and that was my question to him face-to-face. I cannot support a Democrat that grows the divide of the nation.   

Jeffrey Dahmer.

I do not accept your stat. I believe more people support Trump than you think. If you go by liberals in the main stream media you will be misguided. You can listen to radio talk show hosts who are conservative. They have callers, non-stop, who support the President.

• John4 weeks agoReport

Ok, what do you think about this one then?  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-record-support-for-trump-impeachment

fake news

Trump won 306-232... a blowout

Trump is expected to win by even bigger margins in 2020

You don't completely annihilate your opponent with a 60 percent disapproval rating. Those polls are the same polls that said hillary was going to win.... and look what happened.

You need to use the eyeball test to see what the real percentage is. Trump garners around 100,000 people per rally, with tends of thousands more outside of the arenas. thousands literally camp overnight to see him.

look at the democrats running for president.... they can barely fill half of a middle school cafeteria for their rallies

that alone should be enough to tell you that over 90 percent of americans love president Trump

• Think your numbers are off 50% or so, and I would say that not even 90% of his family really likes him.