Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 weeks ago

Who played the best Joker throughout the years?

Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger, or Joaquin Phoenix?

• KatieC
    Favorite Answer

Heath Ledger. Jack Nicholson was too cartoonish for me. Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor, but I don’t want a sad sympathetic joker. I want him to be a psycho for no reason other than he can be.

Heath Ledger was the best one.

1. Phoenix

2. Ledger

3. Nicholson

4. Romero

5. Leto

• Mike W

If you include voice actors in that, then my favourite would be Mark Hamill.  

Any actor who does well should be appreciated, though their portrayals can be somewhat different from each other. I'm glad we don't have carbon copies, and different people can produce something that looks like an acceptable portrayal.... with the exception of Leto's Joker. Though some people think that his Joker would be better had there been more scenes of him not cut out of the movie... but I would reason if those scenes were so good, then we did they cut them out? Maybe they'd prefer to cut him out entirely. I can only wonder.

I've also heard about an extended version of Snyder's Batman vs. Superman, the ultimate edition, and supposedly what the theatrical version chopped out of the film was important for understanding a lot of the scenes, and with the removed scenes, it altered the story negatively. So I can't say that Leto's performance was better than what we saw, (had they included all of his scenes) because I haven't seen them.

IMO I thought Heath Ledger was the best Joker of them all

All of them but heath is the best

Joaquin Phoenix

• Shadow

Each of the actors you mention played well as the Joker. They each have their own quirks and look the part

Cesar Romero. The TV Joker.  

• Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

excellent answer and comment