Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

Have you ever cooked rice in a crock pot type slow cooker? How much water do you add per cup of rice? High temp setting? For how long?

Update:

I'm not talking about instant rice. Mine will be basmati rice, totally raw. I'm unable to use the skillet method right now, which I know would be faster. I'm not even sure if it works at all in a crock pot, but if it does, the amount of water and the timing must be right in order to turn out perfect in time for the meal. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

rice doesn't do well in a crock pot, at least not the older pots that cooked slower and at a lower temperature.

I did cook it when I was home so I could give it a stir now and then and you use the same amount of liquid as you do in a kettle.

• 3 weeks ago

I’ve never gone wrong with adding water about one inch above the rice. For any amount of rice.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes I have using the following directions https://acleanbake.com/perfect-rice-in-the-slow-co...

• 3 weeks ago

Much faster to do it in the microwave than a slow cooker. 

Believe it or not it takes about the same amount of time in the microwave as it does stove top. 

Another way would be the oven. same amount of ware and about 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

1 1/4 cups of water, per cup of rice.

Or... measure water up to your top middle finger line, above the rice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.