Why is sleeping with my bed pointing east relaxing?

Whereas pointing it southward is very uncomfortable? Is Feng shui onto something.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

It doesn't make a bit of difference which way your bed faces. It's all in your head. BUT if it makes you feel better, go for it.

• C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can think of it that way if you want to, but it's more likely to do with the room itself.  How does it change the bed's relationship to the window(s), door and any air vents?  It really can be so simple as getting your head out of a micro-draught or face away from street lights or a crack in the door if people turn the lights in the hall on and off all night.  Some people can't sleep if their head points toward the door or if their body lines up with the door.  On the more "woo" side the old-timey dowsers in my extended family used to claim that it was unhealthy to sleep aligned with an underground water seam and had advice on how to counter that.

• angeleyes4 weeks agoReport

wow, that's very interesting about the dowsers. all i know is i sleep much better if my bed blocks the window and points in this direction, whereas before, i could barely sleep. food for thought. 

• 4 weeks ago

That's not feng shui, it's ding bat.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yeah, it's either you're affected by Feng Shui, or you're Muslim, and you're pointing it towards Mecca? Either way, it's all superstition.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.