Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

Can you hunt deer and big game with a rifle?

My local hunter safety instructor was telling me about how the best caliber to use to hunt big game and deer was a .177. He said that a .177 was unmatched to any other deer caliber out there. He said the speed of the bullet is also unmatchable to any other big game cartridge and another safety instructor who was there agreed with him. They also said .22 was a good option too but they prefer .177. Which one works best?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ivan
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

22? Lol puny bullets. That's for hunting rodents.

Go to your local walmart and ask your silly questions.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I have heard about the 2mm Kolibri in Sports Afield.   I won't answer because I would

really appreciate it if daniel g and Adam D and USAFisnumber1 answer because

they know everything about everything and I bet they could give a much better

answer than I can especially daniel g. I bet daniel could hit a grasshopper at

2000 yards as good as he is and his expertise in long range shooting. He has

a 22-250 that will shoot around corners and if a tree gets  in the way it will just

go around it and hit the bulls eye no matter how far away it is preferably over 1500

yards.  What a guy!!!!!

• 4 weeks ago

If you were a serious hunter you would know the most lethal round (available to spec-ops teams only but occasionally leaked to the public) is the 2mm kolibri.

It was used to hunt the last dinosaurs to extinction in 1521.

• 4 weeks ago

100% correct. Small-bore ammunition is perfect for hunting paper or cardboard big game. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Safety Officer Liar is wrong again. 

• 4 weeks ago

troll time. .22 as in .223 or 5.56x45 NATO in full automaitic  rifle is good for rabbits with single shot to elephants with 10 round burst. Air rifles- either size would work with paper targets. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.