Is it true that food is legally allowed to contain maggots or spider eggs?

Update:

oh **** this is gonna turn me anorexic

Update 2:

sh/it

Update 3:

what if you're vegetarian? 

Update 4:

what's the point in being vegan or vegetarian

23 Answers

Relevance
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

and if you grow it in your own garden  possibly chicken or cow manure  it you  use it and bug and ants  and spider ... lions and tigers and bear OH MY and  CAT OR DOG PISS while your sleeping  or your scarecrow   fell over

• 3 weeks ago

Don’t know where you got that idea but apparently that’s not allowed 

• 3 weeks ago

it should not be legally allowed though but some people use spider eggs

• 3 weeks ago

dont believe everything you read on the internet 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I certainly hope not!!

• Mmm J
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes. This is because in the journey of certain foods from where the food is created until it arrives in your mouth, there are many steps in between. The only way to keep those "foreign" items out of it would be for the entire chain to be in one place and never exposed to the outside world. This is impossible, hence some limits are placed on that "infiltration". It isn't that these outside substances purposely get added, but reality understands that things can happen.

This has been going on since food distribution has been going on - and nothing has happened to you yet - for this to impact you now is purely emotional.

There are things worse than what you've keyed in on. For example, certain vegetables you may have enjoyed recently could have e.coli contamination... I'll take some hidden insect parts or eggs over that anytime.

And the insect or rodent additions will happen even if you grow your own. If it really bothers you *that* much, please consider making an appointment with a mental healthcare provider. You are making a big deal out of nothing.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's all protein.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes they can contain a very small amount of maggots and a few other things.

• 3 weeks ago

Not that I’m aware of

• Dimple
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Sure. M&ms have beetles in them so why not?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.