age requirement for staying in a premier inn?

me and my friend are travelling around cornwall next summer on our own, we will both be 16 but i was wondering if you can stay in a premier inn because i know you cant stay in a travel lodge 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

But why on earth are you asking us, instead of PHONING a Premier Inn and ASKING for yourself?

• Katie
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

No - minor's (anyone UNDER 18) MUST be accompanied by an adult.

• 3 weeks ago

I can't add much to whatever the others have said, however, have you checked the prices?  It can end up a very expensive holiday.  During the summer months - peak season - the prices can go up to over £100 a night. There are quite a number of YHA hostels which are much cheaper and you can stay there at 16.  For both Premier Inn and Hostels it would be wise to book ahead of time as there is no guarantee there will be a room available.  There are more YHAs than Premier Inns and most are close to the coast whereas Premier Inns tend to be on the outskirts of towns - as an example, the Truro one is 4 miles out of town in the middle of nowhere.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&client=f...

• Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes - they are the one chain of hotels that will allow you to stay on your own when you're 16.

The reason nobody else does is that until you're 18, you're not a legal adult so they can't sue you if you don't pay at the end of your stay.  Premier Inn gets round this by making you pay when you arrive.  They advertise this as being convenient so you don't get stuck in a queue at reception after breakfast on your last day, but it also enables them to refuse you if you don't show them your money first!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You can from the age of 16.

But how are you going to get there?

• Kangaroo
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Sure. There are loads of Premier Inns at train stations in Cornwall, aren't there?

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Call the front desk at the hotel and ask them direct.  Make sure to ask about payment policies. 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Premier Inn: Bookings

You must be at least 16 years old to make a booking.

You must be aged 18 years or over to make a booking with Travel Lodge

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You can as they take 16 year olds, however you need to pay by debit or credit cards. If you cause damage they will charge your card. There are not a lot of P Inns in Cornwall.

I live there.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Your parents sound awful

• Frank
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Do you have to be 18. You’re not an adult yet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.