My alarm clock keeps reseting itself?

Since last week, every once in a while my alarm clock resets itself it 12 am with a loud blare. Just several minutes ago it did this constantly in a row, like someone was flicking the power on and off constantly. I had never had this happen before. No power outage problems, as the other things that's plugged in are working fine. The alarm clock isn't run by battery.

Do I have to get a new one? Why is this happening?

Favorite Answer

A momentary flicker in power can cause this without affecting other items, but in your case I'd cut my losses and invest in a new one.

You DID have a momentary power outage. You just didn't notice. If there is a battery backup, replace the battery. If not, replace the clock.

Yes its time for a new one. An alarm has to be reliable. This one is shot. 

The trip computer also gets reset to 0 and occasionally the date is out by a day or so. ... but the clock and the odometer would reset themselves over night. ... They did suggest that I should disable sensors of the alarm while in ...

Yes I am sure of it you are ok.

It is broken.  Throw it away and use your smartphone as an alarm.

• Gert

Get a new alarm clock.