Logan asked in SportsCycling · 3 weeks ago

I want to buy a dirt bike but only have a spending range of 650-700 and I weigh 200 and I am 5,9 what bike should I get. ( any thing helps )?

• pmt853

650-700 what? You need to specify the currency.

• DIEGO.

good question !

Are you referring to a "dirt bike" - the motorcycle or an off-road BICYCLE? $650 - $700 for a dirt bike motorcycle is an unrealistic budget.  $650 - $700 will get you an "entry level" off-road or recreational mountain bike.  

Every one of the major companies (Fuji, Raleigh, Trek, Giant, etc.) have good bikes in that price range.  They're ALL gonna be of equal or similar quality.  So...there is NO "best brand" if that's what you're thinking.  How do you decide?  You go to local bike shops & TEST RIDE them...for FREE!  Yes, you can do that.  #1 priority is "fit & feel".  #2 priority is to also shop for a bike shop.  Who answers all your questions politely?  Who has the best reputation on websites like YELP or Google? 

I will add this...  Raleigh is having a Black Friday $ALE starting November the 29th.  Wait a few more days & see how much the $670 price might drop.  https://www.raleighusa.com/talus4

At your weight and I'm going to assume you're talking about a budget of $650-700 USA money, the best you're going to get in a mountain bicycle from a reputable bicycle shop is an entry level bike ment for beginner's trails.  Any kind of more advanced trail your weight will destroy an entry level mountain bicycle.  Still a reputable bicycle shop will be able to fit you with the correct frame size.   

Regardless of your weight department store mountain bikes aren't ment for anything more than packed stone trails or a cheap source for frames to build motorized bicycles.  They even have labels stating not to off road on them.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.