Why do white's who listen to rap want to be from the ''hood'' so bad but don't dare to step a foot inside it?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Son of panda frecking betch!!

• blank
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There are Whites that live in the hood,such as myself. So why does it matter? I know people of all different races who live in the hood and many who do not. Those that don't usually do not want to step In the hood at all

I personally feel like all races should be equal.  I completely understand that is not the casw. But I have friends of all different kinds of races and I like the diversity.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You son of a panda pieces of sheet!!!

• 3 weeks ago

Im from the hood and i dont want to step inside it either! Your a fool if you think hanging around the ghetto is a game.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Paul Mooney said it best “everybody wants to act like a n*gga, but nobody wants to be a n*gger” or Dave Chapelle once said “everyone wants to be black until the cops show up”. 

You pay a price to be cool and look good. It becomes something that everyone envies. I’m proud of my city and where I was raised but I’m not proud of the stats. It pisses me off to think there’s some lames who would claim my block or my city. 

• 3 weeks ago

Why do you like eating burgers, but don't want to see cows butchered in the process your burger is made? ;-)

Same difference.

• 3 weeks ago

Admiring a dangerous man doesn't mean you want to have lunch with him..

• 3 weeks ago

No, they don't at all.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Whites not white's.

• 3 weeks ago

I am a white who listens to rap, among other things, because a lot of it is very good.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't really want to be from "the hood". I'm Australian, so why would I want to come from anywhere else? I already have my own hood.

Honestly, my knowledge of American concepts such as "the hood" is limited, and I'm aware of that. I would love to visit somewhere like Harlem, or Compton, but if an American tells me that is a really bad idea because I'll definitely get mugged or worse, then I'll probably listen to that advice.

So in answer to your question, there's lots of rap that I love, but I don't want to be from the hood. There's lots of reggae that I like, but I don't want to be from Jamaica.

I'm also a huge fan of Rush, but I don't want to be a Canadian, I'm happy with where I came from.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.