Why do white's who listen to rap want to be from the ''hood'' so bad but don't dare to step a foot inside it?

Son of panda frecking betch!!

• blank

There are Whites that live in the hood,such as myself. So why does it matter? I know people of all different races who live in the hood and many who do not. Those that don't usually do not want to step In the hood at all

I personally feel like all races should be equal.  I completely understand that is not the casw. But I have friends of all different kinds of races and I like the diversity.

You son of a panda pieces of sheet!!!

Im from the hood and i dont want to step inside it either! Your a fool if you think hanging around the ghetto is a game.

Paul Mooney said it best “everybody wants to act like a n*gga, but nobody wants to be a n*gger” or Dave Chapelle once said “everyone wants to be black until the cops show up”. 

You pay a price to be cool and look good. It becomes something that everyone envies. I’m proud of my city and where I was raised but I’m not proud of the stats. It pisses me off to think there’s some lames who would claim my block or my city. 

Why do you like eating burgers, but don't want to see cows butchered in the process your burger is made? ;-)

Same difference.

Admiring a dangerous man doesn't mean you want to have lunch with him..

No, they don't at all.

• Lôn

Whites not white's.

I am a white who listens to rap, among other things, because a lot of it is very good.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't really want to be from "the hood". I'm Australian, so why would I want to come from anywhere else? I already have my own hood.

Honestly, my knowledge of American concepts such as "the hood" is limited, and I'm aware of that. I would love to visit somewhere like Harlem, or Compton, but if an American tells me that is a really bad idea because I'll definitely get mugged or worse, then I'll probably listen to that advice.

So in answer to your question, there's lots of rap that I love, but I don't want to be from the hood. There's lots of reggae that I like, but I don't want to be from Jamaica.

I'm also a huge fan of Rush, but I don't want to be a Canadian, I'm happy with where I came from.