jeniquelab asked in HealthDental · 3 weeks ago

I hate my smile (with picture)?

The braces don't help much, but besides the braces, the gums wont change. I have a very gummy smile and I hate it.. I don't mind everything else about my smile but the gums ruin it for me. 

I know that I could get surgery but I don't have the money, and there is botox which is cheaper and that I might consider... I am going to talk to a professional but I just want some of your opinions please.

Favorite Answer

well let's be honest your smile in the picture isn't great however I notice that your gums are slightly inflamed due the braces, so it seems bigger than normal I suggest waiting till the treatment is over then you can consider if you need or not because part of your gums will slightly recess , I think you're totally fine the other thing that you should consider is your face proportions including your smile chin nose etc, I have a friend who has gummy smile although she looks amazing.    

I don't see anything wrong with your smile,at least when the braces are off you will have nice straight teeth.

Your smile looks fine :) The braces will eventually come off, and you will find that these little things that are unique about you will be what draws others to you. 

So smile with your mouth closed like the rest of us

• jeniquelab3 weeks agoReport

Maybe when I get my braces off... it's really hard with the braces.

• patty

there is a procedure that pushes the gums up off your teeth.