NYC vs San Diego vs Austin - where to live, and why?

I am 25 years old, female, no kids, working in the tech industry, and black. I currently live in NJ but have been working in NYC for the past 3 years. It has always been a dream for me to live in Brooklyn, since I love the atmosphere, culture, and nightlife. However, lately the NYC appeal has slowly been fading away due to how dirty and fast-paced it is. The people here are also rude and I really dislike the cold weather.

I've been considering moving to San Diego or Austin for some time now, and plan on visiting both places soon. However, if you had the choice, where would you live and why?

Some things that are important to me:

1. CULTURE and diversity!

2. Opportunities to grow in my career (tech industry)

3. Weather

4. Ability to meet new people my age

5. Has to be urban with a lot of happenings - aka I'll never be bored

• Foofa

Personally I'd prefer San Diego but that's partly because I already live in L.A. and am very familiar with that city. I like Austin too but the summer weather there is really unpleasant. Neither of these cities is considered a cultural epicenter (w/the possible exception of the annual SXSW convention) but both have their charms. Neither of them are very "urban" either. I will say that SD is closer to other major population centers than is Austin. But visit both places and make up your own mind. It doesn't really matter what others think.

The weather in San Diego is hard to beat and there are plenty of things to do and if there is something you want it can be found.

The cities green spaces were planed into the city from the earliest days.

Beaches of course and mountains. During the winter you can drive to the snow for lunch and be home before dinner.

I have lived in the North East, been to Texas also. Of the three you mention San Diego gets my vote.

Be advised I am now living near the Blue Ridge Mountains right now because I don't like city life.

I think I would choose Austin. It is a growing city and i think opportunities would be better there.