Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 3 weeks ago

Why is my finger still hurting after I shut my finger in the car door ten years ago? ?

About 10 years ago my sister accidentally shut the door on my finger, the pain was horrible and half of my nail fell off but after a few weeks my nail grew back with no problems and the pain was not constant only in cold weather or when my nail was getting longer than normal and I didn’t get it checked out by a doctor because the pain was okay to deal with. Now ten years later I still occasionally feel throbbing pain in my finger especially on my nail and can’t even touch it or the pain gets worst. Why is that? 

• Linda

Nerve damage. There may not be anything that can be done about it. Be glad it isn't all of the time and only occasionally.

You probably have some nerve damage in that area.

• no

Could be a minor crack in there. You can go get an x ray and if you want it treated then see a doct.