janide asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 weeks ago

Late period negative pregnancy tests? ?

To begin I’d like to say that there isn’t really any risk of me being pregnant in the first place but I decided to test anyways. I had sex twice since my last period and it was protected, with no complications. I’ve always been somewhat regular with my cycle, I’ve never been more than a couple days late and I’ve never missed a period. I am 19 and have had it since I was 13. 

I am now 8 days late and I have taken 3 tests, all in the morning with my first urine, using a cup to make sure I had the test in it for at least 5 seconds, and I read it within the correct time frame. The first the day after it was supposed to start, the second 3 days after that and the third this morning. 

I guess the real reason I’m concerned is because I had 5 days of light spotting the week before I was supposed to start and that is uncommon for me. 

I am slightly underweight at 5’5” 110 lbs, but have been for years with no issue. 

I know that a long of things can cause a late period, but I have not had any significant weight change, I have never been on birth control, I have never taken a prescription for more than a week and a half so no medications. 

I guess I had been a little more stressed than usual but it wasn’t something I haven’t experienced before without having any issue. It was also weeks before my period was supposed to start, while still in this cycle. 

I have read many articles and nothing seems to put the pieces together for me. I’m taking all suggestions and ideas! Thanks. 

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.