Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 3 weeks ago

How to teach an autistic child not to hit younger children and not to shout meanly at younger children?

It's 100% a genuine question. Parents of autistic children aren't all little perfect people with great jobs and no problems themselves some of us have disabilities too and can't provide perfection like people on this forum seem to think.

• 4 days ago

I had this whole answer in reference to many questions in this website. I wrote this answer so i can copy n paste.

autism? its not a disease. its a fraction of disease. that means a person who can't refresh memory at certain age is like autism. Its not autism. but it means person got disability at xyz age. so you can take it back and refresh memory power unless human itself wanna take rest and be patience with every steps his take. a son of my

\

friend who leaves near by he is autistic. he gets personal tuition here in south. now when i saw what she was teaching was "confident and confirmation of what we normal people really do!" that means. if he want to learn he will learn and adapt. but being autistic they have a different nature of putting a smile to the burden of the communication, they laugh and leave or they can't do what normal people does rightaway takes time to think. a blunt person like me, prefers to say sometimes. "Hey Mike, if you see a person who has a red shirt give him $10. and remember disregard he gives you anything or he doesn't. but give it to him handy" so i say to the person to ask an autistic to give him 10-dollar and i figure out who will be helpful and clean with his character and i will tell autistic child to do, thats it. I will remind him, You have confidence on you. Sorry, I had a long theory to explain. \\

Secondpart

this same child is older among two brother. he shouts. I told him, explained in simple language, many time and he will learn as he see me he remember i taught him something so he does. But God is eventually the care taker. we are just passing through beyond imagination not even as a passenger.

"i taught to elder son that do not shout at younger brorher, instead when you like to shout hold his hand and go back in house or you go both together and sit and have some munches watch some tv....

Moment of togetherness can bring lot of change.

ask a person who is going through pain, even a touch of women's hug can make him alive and go what he wants to achieve the goal for the day.

model and practice appropriate responses and reward for good behavior.

provide alternatives...something appropriate they can smack or squeeze.