Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

I'm so used my kitten being a girl, but it turns out she might be a boy?

I adopted this kitten and the owner told me she was a girl so I didn t think much of it. Later started to notice that she might actually be a boy. It s just gets some taking used to because I always saw her as a princess spoiled girl kitten. I still like my kitten, but now what do I name him? My mum would not be happy if she knew the kitten was a boy, so gotta think of a gender netruel name. I couldn't upload a pic :/

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Take the kitten to your vet to get shots, etc and ask them what he/she is.  Then you will know for sure AND you can plan on spay/neuter by 4 months old.

• Newton
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Lindsey is a gender neutral name. Lindsey Graham is a male US senator, and  Lindsey Vonn is a retired woman's alpine skier.

• 4 weeks ago

Happens all the time - in both directions. As for names, just use something you won't mind shouting at midnight in your garden. Anything else is kind of optional - but make sure to have him neutered.

• Cathy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Something like Fluffy would work. Just don't give him a boy name. The same thing happened to me, but in reverse. I adopted a kitten that was so pretty I thought he was a girl and named him a girl's name. When the vet told me he was a boy I couldn't believe it! He still grew up to be pretty though - people would always remark that he was a beautiful cat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • patty
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

my sister had 2 cats and she thought they were both females. One of them was named Ruby. When she took her to the vet she found out it was a male so she called him mr ruby or just ruby so he won't get confused

• 4 weeks ago

Gender neutrality is really in rn

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.