Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 4 weeks ago

Does a neurologist specifically have to approve and preform testing for multiple sclerosis? ?

Reason for concern: I've had symptoms of MS that have been worsening for several years now. When they first started, about 6 years ago, I had an MRI done and multiple brain lesions were found. Shortly after, I was diagnosed with chronic migraines, along with all of my accompanying symptoms. My last visit with my primary care doctor, I told him that I had around 20 migraine days per month. He said I need to see a neurologist sometime soon because he's very concerned that I could possibly have MS or another serious problem. I have no insurance and I can't afford the out of pocket costs of seeing a neurologist. Are there any other ways I can get the testing done without having to specifically see a neurologist?

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.