How is my letter to my parents asking if I can shave my head?

Dear mom and dad,

I want to shave my head, because it’s just hair and will make me feel good, I shouldn’t care what others think, and society’s rules shouldn’t dictate my appearance.First of all, its for a good cause! I want to shave my head and donate the hair. Maybe I won’t look good. But I won’t regret it, because it is for an amazing cause and it will make me feel good. Plus, it's just hair. I can simply grow it out, and wear cool hats or bandannas. Otherwise, I love it and rock the style. It could even make me feel better about myself than before. Either way, in the grand scheme of things, it’s just a haircut. 10 years from now, it won’t matter.In addition, I know we are all indoctrinated by society to put great importance on our appearances, and especially our hair. But that doesn't mean it's right. I shouldn’t base my appearance on what others expect, but on my sense of what is right or wrong for me.Lastly, I shouldn’t care what others think. If somebody doesn't like it, they are simple minded and not worth my time. Plus, I'd rather be judged than back out and feel guilty because I was worried what others might think.But to you, I know this must be scary. I know you are fearful of judgement, and I know you want to protect me from that. I know it would be much easier to listen to your insecurities or fears and coerce me into keeping my hair. Your instinct may be to protect me by stopping me, but I’m asking you not to. I would really appreciate your support.

• Foofa

Tell them you really believe in this cause and you'd like to donate your hair. But these programs don't require shaving because the hair has to be cleanly cut at the same length and at least 6" long. So most people who do this just end up with a short haircut (not a bald head).