Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaGeneral - Australia · 3 weeks ago

If you were homeless wouldn't you just buy a tent and ask family or a friend for permission to pitch it in the back yard?

Update:

We are told that there are a growing number of people today who live paycheck to paycheck. These people are at obvious risk of homelessness due to for example loss of job or even just reduction in hours or perhaps ill health.  These people have family.  Perhaps those who like to make excuses rather than help might like to reflect on the old saying , there but for the grace of God go I. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

The streets of Australia are death row. People are committing crimes just to go to prison.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I would do that only if it was a air conditioned tent 

• 3 weeks ago

rotten councils  don't allow you to do that...….

• 3 weeks ago

Generally speaking, if you have family that is willing to let you pitch a tent in their yard, they would usually let you inside and give you a place to stay. Many homeless have no family or at least have no family that they get a long with and would let them stay. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No, because that would sort of be the same as asking to live with them. I wouldn't want to look across my yard to see a tent nor someone waking me up when they need to use the restroom or bathe or looking at them outside when I am getting ready to eat and them looking at me eat through my window.

• 3 weeks ago

The problem is that most homeless do not have family or friends or at least not in the normal way that most have them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.