Is it weird to send someone a friend request on Facebook if you don’t know them?

I have blocked some Friend Requests from people I do not know (or want to know), and who have no mutual friends. However when there are many mutual friends, Friend Request can often be welcome,, because there are likely to be shared interests.

• Daniel

Yes it is Especially Since Facebook's TOS Terms of Service States you should not Add people that you dont know in Real Life

If you Send a lot of Friend Requests to Strangers and they are Honest and you get Marked a lot as Spam or that they dont know you Facebook can Block you from Sending Friend Requests

If you can see that they live in the same area as you, it might be someone you go to school/work with or something. If they don't live in your area, then it's probably best to just ignore it.