What would the impact if Donald Trump signed an executive order raising the juvenile age to 21 in all states for all crime?

• Daro
    Favorite Answer

Demokkkrats wud proclaim it unconstitutional.

Strangely tho, we didnt hear a peep from anyone when Obama signed the Paris Treaty without a single vote from anyone in congress, much less the 2/3 Senate required by the constitution.

That is called the "principle of shifting principles".

*** They literally claimed that it wud be unconstitutional for Trump to pull out of the illegal treaty.

There would be no impact. The juvenile age would still be what it is know. It goes by the enacted laws, not by what an executive order says.

• xyzzy

Nothing. A US President has no power to set the age of anything in the various states.

• The president is the most powerful man in the world. He sure damn can raise the juvie age if he wants to. If I ever am elected president I will do it my first hour in office.

Nothing, since he doesn't have the power to do that. States set their own age of majority, the federal government doesn't have the power to mandate it.

Nada ting, 'cuz that ain't how it works.

Since the President can't do that I would focus your attention on something else that can happen 

The President does not have that authority so an EO to that effect would not change anything.