What would the impact if Donald Trump signed an executive order raising the juvenile age to 21 in all states for all crime?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Daro
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Demokkkrats wud proclaim it unconstitutional.

Strangely tho, we didnt hear a peep from anyone when Obama signed the Paris Treaty without a single vote from anyone in congress, much less the 2/3 Senate required by the constitution.

That is called the "principle of shifting principles".

*** They literally claimed that it wud be unconstitutional for Trump to pull out of the illegal treaty.

• 3 weeks ago

There would be no impact. The juvenile age would still be what it is know. It goes by the enacted laws, not by what an executive order says.

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Nothing. A US President has no power to set the age of anything in the various states.

• The president is the most powerful man in the world. He sure damn can raise the juvie age if he wants to. If I ever am elected president I will do it my first hour in office.

• 3 weeks ago

Nothing, since he doesn't have the power to do that. States set their own age of majority, the federal government doesn't have the power to mandate it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Nada ting, 'cuz that ain't how it works.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Since the President can't do that I would focus your attention on something else that can happen 

• 3 weeks ago

The President does not have that authority so an EO to that effect would not change anything. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.