Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

what happens if i move out of state from NC to Michigan w/o parents consent, i'm 16?

i had an argument with both of them and don't wanna see their faces again. wanna move with aunt in michigan. are there consequences? thanks

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Dumb child. There is a reason people under the age of 21 are not allowed to engage in adult activities like drinking. Because their brains are not developed.

If you do run away you will very likely end up dead or in forced prostitution. But hey, you are at the stage of your life where you know everything and your parents are just idiots!

• Anna
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

The asker wants to live with her aunt so is unlikely to end up dead.

• 4 weeks ago

You would be on the run, as a runaway, with the police looking for you. As soon as they find you, they would return you home, where you belong. You would end up with a criminal record as a runaway, and your aunt would be facing criminal charges for harboring a minor. Why would you want to do that to your aunt? Very selfish of you. Over an argument! You have a lot of growing up to do. Stay put and sulk in your room for a while. You will get over it in a few hours, maybe in a day or two.

• 4 weeks ago

You would be a runaway and brought back. You do not have the ability to do this.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because you would have crossed state lines it would be the FBI instead of state cops bringing you back home.

• Judith
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

Would you please cite your source for this law.  This is nothing I studied - children crossing State lines alone are committing a Federal crime.  Which State's law are you referencing?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Legally, you CAN'T cross state lines without parental consent and your aunt CAN'T allow you to move in without it.

• Stephanie
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

He also hates "blood sucking attorneys" and "cops," opinions which seem to creep into his every answer.  My thought is - represent yourself and never call the Police.  Problem solved.

• A C
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Well, if your parents are just as sick of you, maybe they won't report it and will let you live with your aunt.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Until you reach 18 you basically have few legal rights. Unless you go before a judge and they grant guardianship to your aunt the police can just pick you up and return you to your parents. 

• 4 weeks ago

You can be picked up by the police as a runaway and placed into juvenile detention.

• Gary
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

You’ll end up on the street somewhere child. If you are caught alive, you’ll go to jail.

• 4 weeks ago

You will be declared a runaway or PINS(Person in need of supervision)and returned to your parents when you're caught.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.