Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Marijuana depersonalization! Help!?

So twenty seven years ago I made the really dumb decision of smoking weed. I had done it twice before but never got as high as I did on this Saturday in 1992. As soon as it hit my system I started freaking out really bad, I couldn't think or see properly, my heart was racing, and I was very paranoid. It was the scariest experience ever! Twenty seven years have passed and I still don't feel normal. I feel like everything around me is fake, like I'm dead or dreaming. I cant see or think normally and I'm really scared that I have to live the rest of my life like this. So my question to you is, is this because the THC is still affecting my brain? If so, how do I flush it out of my system? I just want all of this to be over with :(

Favorite Answer

Wait wait wait--you've been having a psychotic trip for TWENTY SEVEN YEARS and never went to the ER? Nah dude I don't think so.

• Zirp

maybe not ER, but general practitioner

I don't think the effects of THC last more than several hours, but you might want to check that with WebMD or something. I'd get it checked out tho, the feelings you describe. That's not normal, whatever the cause, and seems like a distress you should try to get rid of.

• j153e

Longterm effects may last for months before the THC moves out of the brain.

A break with reality is more a psychological trauma, so would suggest you seek some counseling, such as at https://www.hopefortheheart.org and "Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet.

• Zirp

I've seen this "question" too often...

• rick

THC doesn't have this effect. You got something laced with something besides weed. This is another reason why legalizing cannabis is a good idea. In CA our products are tested for purity and contamination. Off the street, you smoke whatever is in the baggy, and hope for the best. You got the worst.

• Luby

Sounds like trauma from a panic attack, the THC is long gone out of your blood stream. THC slows don't the perception of time. It can calm you down or make you more paranoid based on your mood. 

• Bill

you have found out the hard way why weed users are brain dead. some parts of your brain have been killed ofand yes , you will be like that for the rest of your life