What do you think of Supermans decision to admit to the world he is Clark Kent?

Im confused about what this semi-contreversial decision means as far as the story goes in these new Superman comics. Im confused as to why the writers made this decision.

Update:

Thats the only difference i see as well is the fact that now he has to protect his friends and family. Besides that i dont see any point in coming out as Clark Kent

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

What I find odd is that this exact storyline happened only a few years ago, in the Truth storyline. However, because of some reality warping caused by a fourth dimensional imp, the story was apparently retconned.

• 1 month ago

Under that Superman outfit you'll find Clark Kent, under that Clark Kent outfit you'll find Hitler.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The reason why these people don't reveal their secret identities is not because they are scared for themselves, but because if they wish to have any kind of loved ones, and protect those people, then they maintain a secret identity for the sake of those people, lest they become targets. Iron Man revealed his identity, then we later see the enemy attacking him at his own house. The reason why characters like Zorro, The Scarlet Pimpernel...etc.. have secret identities is because it is a smart thing to do. Superman isn't impervious to all things. Also Bruce Wayne's money cannot protect him from the law, and if they found out about him, they would love to take whatever assets from him that they could, it's called civil forfeiture. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.