In the Avenger's universe, couldn't Dr. Strange just have gone back in time and killed Thanos as a baby?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

It would've been immorally wrong. Who just kills a baby?

• JonZ
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

If THAT baby was going to kill half of all life in the universe,  I would!

• 3 weeks ago

Not without seriously wrecking the timeline.

If he had, it would have completely altered all of history, to the point where (as explained by Hulk in Endgame) it would have resulted in Strange himself being a paradox. If there were no Thanos he never would have gone back in time to kill Thanos.

Without Thanos there also would have been no Guardians of the Galaxy, because no Gamora and no search or the stones.

The Avengers never would have formed, because Thanos never would have sent Loki to attack them.

That means no Ultron, no Vision, no Scarlet Witch, etc.

• 4 weeks ago

Paradox.  What if doing so causes things to get even worse?

• 4 weeks ago

I actually like the other way of killing Thanos I heard. Get Antman to go microscopic, fly down his throat, go through his digestive system and expand to giant size in the colon. Problem solved.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

They recently wrote a comic about this! Cosmic Ghost Rider: Punisher becomes an immortal ghost rider, gains cosmic power and goes insane. In that universe, Thanos successfully got rid of all life on earth so Punisher decides to go back and kill Thanos as a child but he can’t do it, instead he tries to raise him to be a good person. But when he goes back to the future Thanos is a Punisher and rules over tons of worlds and saved Punisher’s parents, so Frank goes back in time and undoes everything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.