Anonymous

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Favorite Answer

Matter doesn’t just disappear, that would be against the laws of physics. 

I don’t necessarily believe that we turn into another human being, however we don’t just stay as rotting humans in the ground. 

The process of decay releases electrons which whizz around and become parts of new atoms. 

Hell Naw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope, next.....................

• Tom

Well, evidence is very sparse for ANY kind of AFTERLIFE, but There is more evidence for REINCARNATION than any other type. The concept of "Consciousness" in theories like HUT (Holographic Universe theory) would imply that the "consciousness" of individuals most likely "recycle" themselves through matter any way. Also Nearly ALL world religions allow for SOME reincarnation from time to time, and the Mystical branches of them accept the concept as the norm.------So If I am gonna believe in an Afterlife, I suppose Reincarnation is most likely (Although I really would Prefer only ONE life and get it over and done with, before moving on)------Note, we are talking REINCARNATION (Human to Human rebirth) and NOT "Transmigration" --- rebirth as different species. Although some philosophies suggest transmigration as a kind of "soul Evolution"---moving through the mineral, Vegetal and animal "phases" until finally reincarnating at the human level.

It's a nice idea, but I personally don't believe in it.

• j153e

Given the area in which evidence for reincarnation is gathered, there is more room for belief based on something that doesn't primarily focus on atoms, etc.

It's a different type of evidence, so am maintaining an open mind re accounts, understanding that the proof of the hereafter is not the same kind of evidence as the proof for atoms, etc.--so-called "real world."

It seems illogical to deny reincarnation when the standard of evidence is not mostly of this world.  It's an interesting subject, but most people will have to wait and wake up after passing on, yes?  Am keeping an open mind.

Related:  some books that are fun to read.

Return to Life:  Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives, by Dr. Jim Tucker;

The Master of Lucid Dreams by Dr. Olga Kharitidi;

The Path of the Higher Self;

Edgar Cayce on Reincarnation;

Soul Survivor by Bruce Leininger;

Men in White Apparel;

Testimony of Light;

Memories of Heaven:  Children's Astounding Recollections of the Time before They Came to Earth;

The Reincarnation of Edgar Cayce? by Free and Wilcock;

Autobiography of a Yogi;

Answers by Mother Meera; https://www.mothermeera.com

• English Guy
      4 weeks agoReport

It is refreshing to hear from a genuine sceptic rather than the usual denialists that come here and pretend to be sceptics. Genuine scepticism is healthy.

• No, I don't believe in anything.  Fanciful stories are not evidence of previous lives. 

• Mr. P

Yes I do.

It took me about 35 years to understand some of my issues.

I have always been very attached to my boots, and prefer leather with a heel. I also have had recurring dreams about cut hands for as many years as I can remember, and also of being shot and falling into mud.

Took me a long time to uncover that I was hung up on barbed wire in WW1 and shot. 

I only realised I was dead when someone stole my boots.

But it gave me abilities in this life that I had in the last without learning them again. I've always been a good shot.

• Dr. NG

No, the theory of reincarnation is illogical in so many ways, I'd have to be very silly to believe in it.

It might be a thing that happens. I mean why throw away what you can recycle?