Have you ever dealt with your parent who has a military mindset?

• KaleyK

Only every day of my life .... until my father died when I was 17.  He was a career Marine officer, primarily infantry and always Fleet Marine Force.  For back up, his father (my grandfather) was also a career Marine officer.  I grew up with reveille not waking up; brushing fangs, not teeth; the daily seven (exercise); we didn't get in the car, we embarked; I started learning MCMAPS (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) when I was 12, rifles when I was 14, and handguns when I was 16.  YES is the answer to your question.

• Big Mouth
      3 weeks agoReport

LMAO!!  I lost it at "we didn't get in the car, we embarked."

Some parents want their kids out of their house as soon as they turn 18 yrs of age.  The military is one way of doing that.

• Henry

I don't know any parents like that, so no.

Yes, In my family we were involved in every military action this country was ever in from the time of the Prince Philip Wars, which was pre - revolutionary (early 1600). A Military Mindset was the normal way we thought.

no i have not dealt with it

i am not in the military

No.

Sounds like a good person.

I deal regularly with my son who still has a military mindset

He served honorably for 8 years (11-08/ 4-16).

My mom used to do to me what Lil Boi and Fat Man did to hiroshima and nagasaki if I f*cked around