New router created two different SSID?

I bought a new netgear router and when I set it up it created two different SSID on is labelled 'MyRouter' and the other is 'MyRouter-5G' which one is better? and why two separate SSID? 

• GTB

New router has a dual band wireless access point, one on the 2.4 GHz (ssid My Router) and the other on the 5.0 GHz band. If in range, use 5GHz as it is less likely to be troubled by same channel or co-channel interference

Only one SSID on any given router. 5G would be the faster.

What router is this ??

Split band no doubt, one SSID for each configuration.

5Ghz is faster but must have a stronger signal than the 2.4 Ghz legacy bands.

• Lv 7

5G is 5Ghz, which is faster for HD video streams. however, that signal won't go very far in your house. so for regular internet browsing, use the non-5G one, which is 2.4Ghz. slower, but it goes much further.

• P

"MyRouter" uses the legacy slower 2.4ghz network that will have better range.  It's good for basic devices that don't stream video.   Some devices will only be able to connect to the 2.4ghz.   The "MyRouter-5G" network is the fast 5ghz "AC" network that can connect at very high speeds.  You should connect, laptops, phones, tablets, and smart tv's to the 5g network if it's within signal range.