Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

Why do people continue to eat the following foods?

When will people be like me and cut out junk food from their diet ?

So far I have eliminated -

ALL meat and fish

ALL cooking fats and oils

ALL Dairy

Eggs

Bread and all flour products

Pasta

Rice

Noodles

Cereals

ALL sugar and sugar based foods

ALL salt

ALL fruits

Underground vegetables (carrots, onions, potatoes etc)

Legumes/pulses (peas, beans, corn etc)

Tea, coffee and all caffeine including cocoa and chocolate.

ALL alcohol

All these foods cause cancer, obesity, heart disease and this is a proven fact, many millennials are eliminating these from their diets so it is only a matter of time until these "foods" are never eaten again right?

Favorite Answer

When will people stop dictating to others what they should and shouldn’t eat?

But why would you want to live a long life if you can't eat any of the above, or drink any alcohol? God that sounds so dreary and miserable, I'd rather have a slightly shorter life and actually enjoy food and drink. To each their own though, I suppose

because they're good, and may as well enjoy life before i die...

I'm thinking chicken strips, chicken fritters, chicken nuggets? Or just plain boneless fried chicken.

Sounds like you're on a kale and tofu diet. I'm with vegans who forego animal products on moral grounds, or as a matter of taste. But really, cutting out processed and fast foods is a very good first step. My choice is high protein, low/no refined carbohydrates and high protein. It has worked well for me. I'm in my 80s, weigh less than I did in high school and never go to bed hungry.

• Nikki P
      3 weeks agoReport

can't be kale and tofu, this person has eliminated legumes. So it might just be a kale diet.

Because we don't want to live 130 years as boring twigs.

I've always asked the question, would you rather shoot yourself in the head and get knocked out even though it takes 3 mins to bleed out? Or in the heart where you'll die in 45 seconds but be aware of it the whole time?

That seems a fitting parallel. Die of cancer and be sad to miss a world you enjoyed or live as a cripple mourning everyone you loved who already died of cancer for 40 years after you can hold your own bowels? Give me the cancer, cheeseburger and beers. You can have medicaid take 4 hours to send a wheelchair bus so you can buy overpriced kale marked as organic that's really not (because I peeded on it).

Think you posted the same "question" a week ago.  I am still interested in what the heck you are eating since you seem to have eliminated some pretty healthy items. 

And again...not all of those items are linked to cancer

Millennials are not the generation I would take health advice from.   They're all suffering from social anxiety or depression.    They probably take more pills than people 25 years older than them. 

Awe, good old bait trolling...*slow clap* You're soooooo oRiGiNaL....

Why are you so concerned with other people's diets? People decide for themselves what to eat. Or are you bragging?