Given how much technology has advanced in the last 60 years, is it possible the problems with zip fuel can now be solved?

Should boron based fuels be revisited?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The main problem with zip fuels isn't technical - advances in other areas of jet engine design have made them pointless. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Zheia
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If people keep their flies up then zip fuel won't be a problem.

• 4 weeks ago

Since the only major advances in technology over the past 60 years have been in microelectronics and biotechnology, it is hard to see how fuel problems can be solved. Which is probably fortunate when you think about it.

• 1 month ago

Boron based fuels would be more scarce than our fossil fuels and more difficult to mine. Decomposition equates to methane as the core of such fuels.

Alternate energy has been a work in progress for decades.

Your zip fuels have been in research and special applications fuels since the SR-71.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Of course

And maybe sooner than you think

Fossil Fuels have run their course

And Alternative Energy sources are taking over

My house is in the Countryside

I have a Wind Turbine and a Solar Panel

No Coal or Oil here

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Over half of the scientists that have ever lived are still alive today, so yes.

Zip fuel, also known as high energy fuel (HEF), is any member of a family of jet fuels containing additives in the form of hydro-boron compounds, or boranes. Zip fuels offer higher energy density than conventional fuels, helping extend the range of jet aircraft.

• Vicki
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

This question is far too advanced for this website. But yes, they should be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.