Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Do atheists believe in Atlantis?

Favorite Answer

Atlantis is the Azores. The Azores are islands straddling the mid-oceanic ridge, and was destroyed by tectonic forces. It is where Plato said it was (beyond the horns of Gibraltar), thus in the Atlantic ocean. It is circular, as described. Ancient artifacts have been found.

No, for two reasons:  Atlantis is an ancient legend that lacks any tangible evidence and I don't pretend that what people "believe in" affords such superstitions any real legitimacy.  

• barty

No, it's just a legend.

Atlantis, Georgiais?

Visited there, a couple times, and do believe you may have spelled it wrong.

Atheism is a lack of belief in Gods and Goddesses, not a lack of belief in cities.

However, skepticism is a lack of belief in anything for which one has not seen sufficient proof.

BONUS answer:

I have also dampened my toes in the AtlantiS oSean, if, once again, you spelled it wrong.

• sarah

some cities and towns sank below the sea. In the future many more will be under the water. We see land being covered in water everyday. So we should not be surprised that we find large cities under the sea

• Mike W

Yes, all atheists agree that they don't believe in Atlantis.  The Atlanteans also agree that they don't believe in atheists.  

No. Plato concocted the mythological army as a way to boast about the power of his own Greek nation.

• Dr. D

What amazes me is how many new age atheists I meet who don't believe in God but do believe in angels and demons. 

• Rayal
      3 weeks agoReport

You are amazed by the multitudinous ways people think about the world?  Maybe that is why there are so many "religions" and differing beliefs about "God™".
      I have never met an actual "atheist" that was spiritual besides maybe a Buddhist. 

Not until I move all of Georgia into the ocean, rename its capital, and sink it.

Source(s): People sick of that airport can thank me later.
  • Rayal

Atheism in general has no opinion on Atlantis. Only that they don't believe in a God or Gods™.

Atlantis is beyond the scope of Atheist belief.