Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Do atheists believe in Atlantis?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Atlantis is the Azores. The Azores are islands straddling the mid-oceanic ridge, and was destroyed by tectonic forces. It is where Plato said it was (beyond the horns of Gibraltar), thus in the Atlantic ocean. It is circular, as described. Ancient artifacts have been found.

• 3 weeks ago

No, for two reasons:  Atlantis is an ancient legend that lacks any tangible evidence and I don't pretend that what people "believe in" affords such superstitions any real legitimacy.  

• barty
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No, it's just a legend.

• 3 weeks ago

Atlantis, Georgiais?

Visited there, a couple times, and do believe you may have spelled it wrong.

Atheism is a lack of belief in Gods and Goddesses, not a lack of belief in cities.

However, skepticism is a lack of belief in anything for which one has not seen sufficient proof.

BONUS answer:

I have also dampened my toes in the AtlantiS oSean, if, once again, you spelled it wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

some cities and towns sank below the sea. In the future many more will be under the water. We see land being covered in water everyday. So we should not be surprised that we find large cities under the sea

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes, all atheists agree that they don't believe in Atlantis.  The Atlanteans also agree that they don't believe in atheists.  

• 3 weeks ago

No. Plato concocted the mythological army as a way to boast about the power of his own Greek nation.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

What amazes me is how many new age atheists I meet who don't believe in God but do believe in angels and demons. 

• Rayal
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

You are amazed by the multitudinous ways people think about the world?  Maybe that is why there are so many "religions" and differing beliefs about "God™".
      I have never met an actual "atheist" that was spiritual besides maybe a Buddhist. 

• 3 weeks ago

Not until I move all of Georgia into the ocean, rename its capital, and sink it.

Source(s): People sick of that airport can thank me later.
  • Rayal
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Atheism in general has no opinion on Atlantis. Only that they don't believe in a God or Gods™.

Atlantis is beyond the scope of Atheist belief. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.