Drano won't go down bathroom sink?

My bathroom sink would not drain at all so I poured some Drano Max in the sink and it's not draining at all. It's just pooled in the sink. This was several hours ago. Any ideas on what to do?

Try plunging it. If that doesn't work, then take the "Goose neck" off and clean it out.

• glcang

Your sink is clogged with hair and soap scum.

After you get it freed up, be smart and clean it periodically ..it’s very simple with a coat hanger with a bend at the end like a little hook

You unscrew the stopper on the sink from behind it , pull it out and shove the coat hanger down and clean the drain...you will be amazed at the gunk that comes out.  Then put the stopper back in, screw it hand tight and voila!

wearing gloves and eye protection, disassemble the trap under the sink. if you aren't up for this, it's an ordinary handyman task ... just be sure to tell her/him about the Drano

If you do plunge the sink, it will be much more effective if you cover the overflow drain.   packing tape and/or a large thumb

You can poke a wire down the drain and twist it.  A small bend in the end will help hook and extract any obstruction.

You can go under the sink and remove the p-trap.  For this you will want a large bucket that will hold the water that is in the sink.  And you will want to avoid getting Drano over anything precious....including yourself.

Wait longer, or try a plunger.

• John

Pump it with a toilet plunger.

• Vicki

Have you tried snaking the drain? Or plunging it? I know it sounds a little ridiculous. But I promise you sometimes plunging a sink can help (you likely already know this but I know some people who refuse to believe it).

Plunge it with a plunger.