Rough estimate?

I have a few pictures for a quick estimate on this. What would you guys price the repairs on this car or is it not repairable? 

Update:

I can’t add more pictures. Sorry

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Could be a write off, depending on the age of the car. I had a similar crash in a 2 year old car similar to above and it was a write off.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That is totaled. It can be repaired for far more than it's worth

• Bort
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Just the body damage alone is going to be several thousand no matter who does it. The body work alone is at least $3000 including paint. The thing is that there might also be damage an untrained eye or even a trained eye for this stuff can't see in a picture such as the fender and front clip brackets being bent (where the headlight, radiator, and other front end stuff is mounted. With that amount of body damage that stuff is unlikely to still be straight so there's another $2000+ to straighten all of that out. Those things either need to be taken completely off and bent back in to shape where they're supposed to be so other things line up right or replaced. It takes skill to straighten those parts, which is labor hours you'll have to pay for, and about $1000 in parts and another thousand to primer and paint. 

Then...it's likely there is also other damage such as to the radiator, fan assembly for the engine, and rack and pinion (steering and front wheel drive stuff). If that's the case that's another possible $5000 to replace / repair it self. 

So it could be anywhere between maybe $2k up to $12000 to repair. 

An insurance company is likely just going to total it. When insurance, or someone, says it's a "total loss" it means the cost of repairing it is more than the current value of the vehicle in good condition. That car is not worth $12k. If there's more than just body damage, which there usually always is, it's totalled. Not worth fixing.

Another point to make is that if the rack and pinion is damaged it's very likely never going to drive the same as it did.  

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Look like there is also suspension damage. It is probably a total loss and probably gonna cost more then %75 to repair then what the vehicle is worth. Time to start looking for a new car.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Only practical if you can come up with a donor car that was smashed from the back.

• 3 weeks ago

Anything 'can' be repaired - but from where I'm sitting, you are looking at a total loss.  If you don't have insurance then your best bet is to try to sell it for parts and/or scrap.  If you still owe money on it though, then the bank still has the title.

Even if you could replace the fender, bumper, bumper skirt, wheel well, etc. (the hood is up, but I'm assuming it got whacked too) it most likely tweaked the frame, and from your other pic most likely bent stuff in your steering, and may have done other damage as well.

Modern cars have 'crumple zones' that often cause big $$ damage even during a minor impact - a whack like that almost certainly did even more damage than is visible.

You can get some quotes, but chances are it's not going to be economically viable to fix it.

• 3 weeks ago

Whatever you think it's going to cost, multiply by 3 and you get your answer. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Almost anything is repairable if you throw enough money at it, but that's not worth the cost of repairs. It's a junkyard parts car now.

• 3 weeks ago

Write off. Well beyond economical repair.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

My magic 🎱 ball says......$5,432.98

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.