Jerry asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 4 weeks ago

I own a Panasonic LUMIX G camera. I want to set the Shutter Speed to B so I can manually open the shutter. I can’t find a B setting.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

It may not have one.  I have a Lumix and 60 seconds is the longest exposure time. 

• Frank
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There's more than one G model.

Usually if there's not a dedicated position or dial, then the B mode will be in the exposure mode.  For example, you might find it as an option when in full manual.  Since bulb is a mode where you choose the exposure time, a time where the camera cannot know, then it's likely to be among the shutter speed options when the camera is in manual.  Put the camera in manual mode and cycle through the shutter speeds.  You'll likely find it once you click past 30 seconds.

Read your manual.

• Jerry3 weeks agoReport

Did what you suggested, no luck, thanks for responding.

• 3 weeks ago

There may not be a B mode if you can't find the info in the owner's manual. Try putting the camera in the S shutter priority mode and keep going down on the shutter speed and you MAY find the B mode there.

• 4 weeks ago

Read The Owner's Manual. 

• Jerry3 weeks agoReport

I’ve been over the Owner’s Manual, the only thing it has is to activate the Manual shutter.  I tried that but the shutter doesn’t stay open as long as it’s pressed down.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

On my G2, shutter speed B is in M mode.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That's what your manual's for - I'd try adjusting the shutter speed downwards ( in manual Mode) until you reach it, but there may be another way.

• Jerry3 weeks agoReport

I looked in the manual before posting the question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.