what do u prefer when hunting Bow or Gun?

what do u prefer when hunting Bow or Gun

Favorite Answer

Bow, it is quiet, and more difficult.

• Ana

I prefer gun. Specifically my .300 winmag. Also good for bears. 

Reasons I prefer guns, in general:

1) More reliable.

2) Better aim.

3) Faster reloading if needed.

4) I don’t care about loudness. Why would I? The bullet travels faster than the speed of sound. By the time it hits the deer, the deer is gonna be shot and die anyway. And if you miss with an arrow, it’s not like the deer won’t notice.

And:

5) I’m not one of those people that’s like “oh I want a challenge blah blah”. If I can get a competitive advantage, I’ll absolutely take it. I want to win.

2 types of bow hunters---those who wound and liars---get a rifle

• Rick

When I go Bow or Gun hunting I think having ready cash gives you better bargaining power.  

I would have to say that I would prefer a .177 caliber pellet gun over a bow

• Adam D

I would say I prefer hunting with a firearm simply because I've done more of it. 

Bow hunting takes considerably more preparation.  It takes much more practice with a bow to be confident in the ability to ethically take an animal compared to a gun.  I've never needed much practice to keep my skills with a rifle sharp the way I do with a bow.  Some years, work just doesn't afford me the time to get the practice needed for archery season.  Plus if I need arrows I have to go get more cut, occasionally you need a new string for the bow, etc., whereas guns can be cared for with a pretty small effort.

My compromise is handgun hunting.  You still have to get a lot closer than with a rifle, but you get the ease-of-use benefits of using a gun.

• Gary

Both are very dangerous. Don’t hunt.

• Jacob3 weeks agoReport

hunting is amazing and how alot people get their foods 

• Bob

When I'm hunting bows, a gun is quite useful because bows can be tricky prey but when I go hunting guns, I prefer to use a double ought buck or sometimes a bowie knife.

A Bow-Gun which is superior to the two