what do u prefer when hunting Bow or Gun?

what do u prefer when hunting Bow or Gun

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Bow, it is quiet, and more difficult.

• Ana
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

I prefer gun. Specifically my .300 winmag. Also good for bears. 

Reasons I prefer guns, in general:

1) More reliable.

2) Better aim.

3) Faster reloading if needed.

4) I don’t care about loudness. Why would I? The bullet travels faster than the speed of sound. By the time it hits the deer, the deer is gonna be shot and die anyway. And if you miss with an arrow, it’s not like the deer won’t notice.

And:

5) I’m not one of those people that’s like “oh I want a challenge blah blah”. If I can get a competitive advantage, I’ll absolutely take it. I want to win.

• 3 weeks ago

2 types of bow hunters---those who wound and liars---get a rifle

• Rick
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

When I go Bow or Gun hunting I think having ready cash gives you better bargaining power.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I would have to say that I would prefer a .177 caliber pellet gun over a bow

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I would say I prefer hunting with a firearm simply because I've done more of it. 

Bow hunting takes considerably more preparation.  It takes much more practice with a bow to be confident in the ability to ethically take an animal compared to a gun.  I've never needed much practice to keep my skills with a rifle sharp the way I do with a bow.  Some years, work just doesn't afford me the time to get the practice needed for archery season.  Plus if I need arrows I have to go get more cut, occasionally you need a new string for the bow, etc., whereas guns can be cared for with a pretty small effort.

My compromise is handgun hunting.  You still have to get a lot closer than with a rifle, but you get the ease-of-use benefits of using a gun.

• Gary
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Both are very dangerous. Don’t hunt.

• Jacob3 weeks agoReport

hunting is amazing and how alot people get their foods 

• Bob
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

When I'm hunting bows, a gun is quite useful because bows can be tricky prey but when I go hunting guns, I prefer to use a double ought buck or sometimes a bowie knife.

• 3 weeks ago

A Bow-Gun which is superior to the two

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.