Better Role of the Joker in Batman Movies: Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight) or Joaquin Phoenix (Joker (2019))?

Which Actor who played the Role of Joker in Batman movies do you think is better and why?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Personally I love both portrayals. Heath Ledger was phenomenal as the Joker and he certainly gave us a performance that we had never seen before. Joaquin Phoenix also did an amazing job and the movie definitely blew my mind. So I love both versions. Joker director Todd Phillips has even compared his movie to The Dark Knight.

Of course though, the number one Joker for me is Mark Hamill.

• 4 weeks ago

Cesar Romero , will forever remain the BEST Joker. 

I personally  HATED Heath Ledgers  Joker, and they gave him the Oscar for killing himself. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They are different. The whole narrative by Joaquin Phoenix was in his head, it was the relaying or his telling of his origin story. Believe what percentage you wish to believe, or not believe about it, because the Joker is a narcissist who paints himself as the victim.

• 4 weeks ago

Heath Ledger is, and always will be, the best portrayal of the joker. Jack Nicholson is the creepiest. Jack Nicholson is sane enough that he can actually follow through with some complex plans and he has NO empathy AND the creepiest thing of all is his ability to charm people into working for him and the fact that he's one of those criminals that's competent enough to get away with s*it because nothing can be pinned on him or a lengthy investigation must be launched before he can be arrested. So, he's gonna be around a while (if it wasn't for Batman). You're not exactly sure what he's doing, going to do, or capable of. Heath Ledger is the most dangerous/interesting, but not as nearly s creepy as Jack Nicholson, because while you aren't sure what he's going to do, you know it's something big, he's not capable of recruiting people (very well), so he'll do it alone, and he's 100% bananas so...shoot him on sight is okay. No investigations, just kill the b*stard, on sight. So, he's limitedly very dangerous (even without Batman he can only go so far before he's killed on sight). No one likes him/everyone is scared. Then, there's Cesar Romero who is the most persistent, relentless, and annoying as s*hit of the three. He's so annoying that you want him caught for the alone, and he's so persistent that it becomes annoying in and of itself and his laugh? Oh my god, kill him just for that. As a spectator, wow is he fun to watch! The most fun of the three. 

Joaquin Phoenix =  hell to  the hell no. A comedian who already had the joker persona and name before going off his meds and then psycho? He's a failed comedian? Someone thought about it and this is what they came up with? Hell no!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Joaquin Phoenix. He brought a new level of depth and complexity to The Joker that no other actor ever has.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.