Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

Why are some police nice and some not ? ?

My boyfriend on our way to a friends driving from Odessa Texas to Lubbock were stopped by a state trooper us being an African American couple I was concerned when the officer approached the car with his hand on his holster after my bf rolled his window down but what got me even more nervous was when my bf asks the police “it’s kind of chilly out there can you come inside the car and write the ticket “ the officer started laughing much to me surprise and asked “ Got any coffee it’s been a long night “ we started laughing and automatically felt comfortable with the gentleman, he let us go without writing a ticket he just asked my bf to be cautious of the speed limit. That officer was very nice, professional, polite and that’s what we need more of so that people can trust the police . 

When police make a traffic stop, they have no idea who's in the car.  Your boyfriend could've had a gun or some other weapon that could be used against the officer.  I'm sure it's just a habit of his.

• Cee

I've only encountered one cop who I thought was a bit of a douche.

• james

He was not nice. You were but not him. He approached your car hand on gun. He had ran your plates. He knew you did not have wants out or were a criminal. So why the hand on the gun? That is threatening a person with harm or death!

• In

Police officers are humans too and they give as good as they get.

• Ann

You will find that most west TX officers and people in that part of the state are friendly if you're polite to them.  Your bf handled the situation correctly.

Source(s): native west Texan
  • Josa

There are 2 types of law officers.  The one is a person who joined law enforcement to make our surroundings safe ones and, to help and protect,   Those are the ones who are 'nice' but, I would say they are also the ones who give a break when appropriate because doing otherwise would not be in anyone's best interest.  Number two cop:  He's the one who was bullied at school, who never was in control of anything, no one listened or paid attention to him or her, his mother was a very domineering person and his dad was the quiet non verbal victim of her control and abuse along with him. So, now he can join the force, people listen to him, look up to him, include him in their activities and NOW he gets to be the bully and that's exactly what he does.  You made him angry and now,  you're going to pay.  

Punctuation and spelling can be your friends.

Some people are just mean

• Satan

You can broaden the question even further.

"Why are some people nice and some not?"

When you spread it out that far, it automatically answers your question

Watch Live PD. Many police officers are unbelievably patient with people who give them all kinds of trouble. Certainly, there are some who get carried away with power, and some who just get grumpy after dealing with idiots who are driving with suspended licenses and cars full of drugs. But most are just trying to do their jobs.